PDA

View Full Version : How can I soften leather / fake leather?

rebels
01-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I bought a nice set of couched and end tables from ChrisMonsod.

Well on one of the couches, the arm rest part is harder than the rest of them. He told me why but I forgot. The couchs are in very good condition, but is there anything I can put on there to soften it up like the rest of the couch?

Also, whats that one stuff thats advertised on TV that patches up small tears in leather? There are 2 small tears on the love seat cushion where that stuff on TV would work.

Any insight is helpful.

Thanks.

Mars_302
01-21-2007, 09:55 PM
try some car leather conidtioner?

Billy
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Saddle soap will soften leather...

rebels
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
try some car leather conidtioner?

I did that but it didn't do much to it. I'll have to try the saddle soap and see how that works.

Duceanahalf
01-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I bought a nice set of couched and end tables from ChrisMonsod.

Well on one of the couches, the arm rest part is harder than the rest of them. He told me why but I forgot. The couchs are in very good condition, but is there anything I can put on there to soften it up like the rest of the couch?

Also, whats that one stuff thats advertised on TV that patches up small tears in leather? There are 2 small tears on the love seat cushion where that stuff on TV would work.

Any insight is helpful.

Thanks.

The leather repair kits you see on TV suck ass and will not work. Best bet is to find someplace that does actual leather/vinyl repairs. These repairs use a heat reactive compound.

rebels
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
The leather repair kits you see on TV suck ass and will not work. Best bet is to find someplace that does actual leather/vinyl repairs. These repairs use a heat reactive compound.

Thanks for the info. I've never heard feedback about them, but I should have figured. Most of the other shit they sell on there is BS anyways.

Iroc Joe
01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I use neatsfoot oil on my USGI M1916 holsters and all leather slings I own. It does smell weird, though.

Billy
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I use neatsfoot oil on my USGI M1916 holsters and all leather slings I own. It does smell weird, though.

That's one of the two ingredients in saddle soap.... ;) The other is just some mild soap for cleaning purposes.