+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free 8 day 7 night cruise, Scam?

Registered User Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about

Question Free 8 day 7 night cruise, Scam?

My wife recieved a call on her cell phone today. There is a new travel agency in Tampa that will be opening up soon and they are doing a marketing campaign. They are calling people and offering them a free Royal Carribean Cruise to Cancun Cozemel and Belize, if the couple is willing to sit through a 1 1/2 hour marketing survey/presentation. The agent said that there is no sales pitch and the survey is not tied to any time shares. It is purely to collect information on what couples in the Tampa area like to do while they are on vacation. Where they like to go, how long, etc. The company feels in doing so they will be able to put together vacation packages for Tampa residents that will meet their needs. The parent company is called Global Travel. The new travel agency that will be opening soon is called Iron Horse Air, Land & Sea. It is located in the Regions Bank building on Shore Blvd.

Is anyone familiar with this company and its campaign, does it sound legit?
    2002 Volvo XC AWD
    Ocean Race
    1 of 650 made
    1982 K5 Blazer 2WD

TR Balla Donor Supreme Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike has a reputation beyond repute Mike's Avatar
    i got one of those before... i just never pursued it..

GulfCoastAngler.org COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE's Avatar
    scam....
    www.GulfCoastAngler.org
    The Anglers Forum...

For sale is a 1997 mustang GT, White, 5 speed, 3:73 gears, Corba R hood, 2 chamber FlowMaster Ex, and 109.XXX miles.. very clean in side and out.. runs great.. and is very strong.. $5,500 FIRM! pm me!

Registered User Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about Jesse850GLT has a spectacular aura about

Question

Quote Originally Posted by COLE
    scam....

So... do you think it's a scam or know it a scam? Which one?
    2002 Volvo XC AWD
    Ocean Race
    1 of 650 made
    1982 K5 Blazer 2WD

GulfCoastAngler.org COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE is an unknown quantity at this point COLE's Avatar
    well if there calling her to tell her, there offering her a FREE Royal Carribean Cruise to Cancun Cozemel and Belize... then yes its a scam.. now you can do it and find out for your self, but it is going to be a waist of time..

They got her number from something(i.e. I called on a truck from the Auto Trader Yester day " Hi this is dale im not in right now so please leave your number becase my phones caller ID is not working and ill get back to you " well about 15mins go by and a 1-800 number calls me and tell me the same shit. i had no reason to think leaveing my number on this guy dales voice mail was how they got number, till my buddy called the number cause i never got a call back and sure enuff he got the same 1-800 number call him with the same shit....

Give dale a call and see if it dose it to you
    813-927-3253

here is the number that will call you with the bull shit
    1-800-662-1366
    www.GulfCoastAngler.org
    The Anglers Forum...

For sale is a 1997 mustang GT, White, 5 speed, 3:73 gears, Corba R hood, 2 chamber FlowMaster Ex, and 109.XXX miles.. very clean in side and out.. runs great.. and is very strong.. $5,500 FIRM! pm me!

/dev/null POLLO has disabled reputation
    scam

slash Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage has a reputation beyond repute Sabotage's Avatar
    sounds fishy....i had a offer for a free cruise once. they just said i had to go to Tampa in the next 3 days and sign some papers to put the package in my name and i hafta take the vacation w/in a certain amount of time. but they were saying that i had to pay to put the package in my name and it was non-transferable.....never did it cuz it sounded fishy.....you could always try going to the presentation and as soon as they start talking about putting any kinda of deposit down or any kind of paper work fee then run! i'd ask them how they got your phone # though first.
    meows meows
    TRick Squad Member #3
    VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

TF e-thug joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax's Avatar
    got the same call today too... its a fucking scam. nothing is free in america.

TF e-thug joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax has a reputation beyond repute joe2dmax's Avatar
    how the fuck do they get our numbers?

Registered User czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09 User is effing awesome ! czech09's Avatar
    Idk in all honesty I remember back like 5 years ago they did that for a free tv, I showed up got the TV it wasn't an hour and a half though it's like all day but they usually do give you the stuff. Give it a try if you really have the time and want to do it, otherwise don't bother...

hell yeah son TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute TBSpyder has a reputation beyond repute
    Scam. I get those calls about once a week saying I entered such and such and won...although I never enter shit. I pursued it once and found you have to make large downpayments and pay hefty port taxes, administration fees, and other misc. hidden costs. Nothing in life is "free."
    -John

Orlando Member Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COLE
    here is the number that will call you with the bull shit
    1-800-662-1366
    Same number called me the other day, fucking gay.

Unnecessarily Necessary Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia User is effing awesome ! Fatalia's Avatar
    I know someone that's gone on one of those... the cruise itself really is free.. but you have to pay your port pass, +passport if it's outside of the country.. which it usually is. And every time you get off the boat, of course you have to pay your port pass again. All in all, she spent about a grand on a "free" cruise. It's not technically a scam... all you really need to do is spend your $200 to get onto the boat and just not get off the entire trip.

doesnt even lift JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Same number called me the other day, fucking gay.
    sounds like you guys arent picking up the phone, seens how you have no idea who it is.

answer, say not interested and youre no longer going to be called by them, not answering is just going to get you called over and over and over until there is a resolution on your lead.
    Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever

Synonym for Pineapple ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie's Avatar
    I used to work for that company. Taylor Made Travel... or TMT Promotions.

You sit through a time share presentation. They give you a tour... then drill you to buy a time share. Most people are weak and buy one... that's how they make thier money. As long as you can say no, it's not a ad idea.

Did they say free or complementary? Because it's not free. You pay for the tax on everything.

But trust me, it's a good deal, just annoying for the 1 1/2 hours. Also, usually you only have a few days to schedule your reservation to go to the presentation and then 18 months to take the cruise.

They get your number from either public record or from filling out ANYTHING not secure online. ie: free stuff, AOL, ebay.

It's a hard job to do considering many people think it's totally a scam and you get a lot of hang ups. I'm just glad I don't do it anymore.

I'm not telling you to go for it or anything, I would... but that's just me and I know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    You shut your whore mouth! Sammich. Me. Kitchen. You. NOW!

Synonym for Pineapple ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie User is effing awesome ! ChristiMarie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost
    sounds like you guys arent picking up the phone, seens how you have no idea who it is.

answer, say not interested and youre no longer going to be called by them, not answering is just going to get you called over and over and over until there is a resolution on your lead.
    And saying "not interested" does NOT remove you from ANY telemarketing list. It simply places your number into the hands of a pushier rep.

You must say:

1. Take my number off your list.
    2. Do not call this number.
    3. Add me to your DNC list.

Anything else will be tossed back and you WILL be called again.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    You shut your whore mouth! Sammich. Me. Kitchen. You. NOW!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information