+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Military Life Sucks!

I'm Baaaack ! Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott has a reputation beyond repute Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
    This is hilarious.

"I joined the military for the benefits, learn a trade and it sounded like it would be really cool...but it sucks and now I want out."

Now making minimum wage and hanging with your family sounds like fun, huh?

LOL

My thoughts too.

No one forced his name on the dotted line.

Regardless he signed and should support his country, commander in Chief, and his duties no matter what. That is part of the duty and not what his country expects.

TRs, Gone Sober Crew #1 OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road OneSikTeg is on a distinguished road
    weather forecaster? that right there is where you messed up Im going on my second year in the air-force and i love it. 3x0c1 communications / technology.. as for you being a weather forecaster why did you pick that carer field? im sure if you scored that high on the asvab your options where not limited. I myself scored a 52 on the asvab at the meps office and am currently getting my bachelors in science VIA night school so i can be an ATC at TIA "ATC = air traffic controller". as for you being homesick i can understand that but you must realize that in the future your family "parents" will not be here meaning you will be forced to fend for yourself. the air-force in my mind is the best branch + 1200 a mth to spend on beer and
    chick-a-dees isnt to bad...just work through it man after your 8 year commitment
    (well actually 4 since the last 4 are inactive) your life will be awesome with hella lot more oppurtunites
    Last edited by OneSikTeg; 10-01-2005 at 01:53 AM.

Prefer Uncle bens Instead of Just Rice

TR Balla Donor Supreme 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilBitJC
    I have changed my views completely since I have been in the military. I will agree with a couple things about the military. The military does have extremely good benefits and yes we do need something to protect our country but here is my OPINION. Since I have been in the military, I have had my grandfather pass away and I was very close to him. It was a very hard time in my life. It made me re prioritize everything in my life. To me, my family means more to me than anything, so why should I waste my times with war. ( Cuz to me, that's what the military stands for.) I should be at home spending time with my family cuz you never know when today may be your last day. I think the whole idea of war is stupid. Not just with our country, but all of them. If people would just worry about the people they loved then we wouldn't have to worry about all the other stupid shit. I know this may all sound stupid to anyone reading it but it just pisses me off that I'm stuck in Louisiana and I can't just go see my family if someone is sick. I have tried to get out og the military but they won't let me. I just think people shouldn't waste their time with war and hatred. Just my .02

Sorry, just needed to vent...

Pulling the BS card here. I don't know what you do in your spare time, but I sure can tell you what every hawt AF chic I knew was doing or having done.

Please tell me you didn't get married before basic or during/after Tech School to another service member for BAQ & BAS?

God I wish I went AF instead, I'd still be in and only have 10 years to go. They truly live the good life.

Sarcasm....at its finest evilimport is an unknown quantity at this point evilimport's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you need an MOS change... It's rather apparent that your current job isnt keeping you busy enough and your mind tends to wander during the daily boredom your job involves. Pick something to get you out in the field, see a few things, learn something new, get your hands dirty. Grandfathers die, mine did, and mine raised me when I was little. It hurt and I carried the casket to the gravesight. Time heals all wounds. Right now, more than ever, your country needs you. 280 million Americans need you. In the awe inspiring words of John McClain "Cowboy the fuck up."
    You douche bags bring your A-game?

Face it, you are, in fact, a piece of crap.

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain." - Winston Churchill

wifey&mommy LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98MODMTR

Please tell me you didn't get married before basic or during/after Tech School to another service member for BAQ & BAS?

Hell no. And still not married.

wifey&mommy LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit User is effing awesome ! LilBit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evilimport
    In the awe inspiring words of John McClain "Cowboy the fuck up."
    LoL. Thanks. Made me laugh.

TR Balla Donor Supreme 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR User is effing awesome ! 98MODMTR's Avatar
    Hell no. And still not married.
    But dating a services member, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 98MODMTR
    But dating a services member, right?
    My own personal rule is NOT to date a military person. Military and Military just wouldn't work for me. When I'm off work, I want NOTHING to do with military stuff.

My own personal rule is NOT to date a military person. Military and Military just wouldn't work for me. When I'm off work, I want NOTHING to do with military stuff.

Sweet Jesus....I am no longer in the military.

... And nothing long distance either.

... And nothing long distance either.
    I am like your squadron. Mobile in a moments notice, 72hrs wheels up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information