+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question: Need 15 college credits for Army. Online school vs trade school.

Custom User Title Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome !

Question: Need 15 college credits for Army. Online school vs trade school.

Ok. Me getting into the Army has been a long and kinda bullshit road.
    Everytime I get to a point where im good to go some regulation change stops me.

First a year or two ago I was told I was a no go with ged/crimes. Probably a recruiter who didnt give a crap about me and was waiting for highschool students to graduate.

Time goes by and I try again and I had to get a waiver. No biggie. I went to MEPS, did my asvab then a few days later my recruiter called me saying some news story about felons with horrible crimes getting into the army has came out and has slowed down waivers.

Then I was told by my new recruiter to wait till the middle of october since its the "new year" and people with GED/criminal background will have the best chance with less wait.

Well today I talked with my recruiter and he said they are not taking people with crimes and GED's.

I have a couple juvy and one adult. Worse charge is getting arrested for one pill of xanex.
    Im not a thief or a violent person.

So.. I guess I need 15 college credits to get my next "no" from the Army. Whats the quickest and easiest way to do this? I live in NPR now but I hope to be moving to Clearwater shortly. But can I do it online?
    I dont care what I do... I just need the 15 credits.
    Im good at auto body, culinary and good on computers but kinda out dated some for of the standards today.

Also, can I buy college credits on craigslist or anything? Anyone know a hacker that can just get into the SPC website and jot me down for being there for 3 months?

doesnt even lift JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH User is effing awesome ! JonNoH's Avatar
    isn't 15 credits a lot?

maybe its time to forget the Army and use your skills to make yourself money
    Pollo is the best admin there ever was ever

Custom User Title Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome ! Tre Thompson User is effing awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by JonNoH View Post
    isn't 15 credits a lot?

maybe its time to forget the Army and use your skills to make yourself money
    Out of the question.

15 credits is 3 months of school but doing a "trade" is 600 hours or so.

Salad Tosser BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan has a reputation beyond repute BisquitMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonNoH View Post
    isn't 15 credits a lot?

It'd be five classes most likely.

jdk
    Non ducor, duco jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk's Avatar
    15 credits isn't that much. Some classes are 3 credits each. You could nearly knock all of those out in a single semester.

You could get 15 credits towards an AA degree from HCC using their distance learning program (ie, online) pretty easily and still continue your current job. You could take some prerequisite courses like english composition and not ever have to tackle anything difficult. You just need $$ , it's not cheap so make sure it's worth it before you commit.
    Moved to http://verbalclash.com , cya.

get big or die trying!! TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps has a reputation beyond repute TampaTraps's Avatar
    you should look into getting your criminal record sealed/expunged i bet it's cheaper and quicker than 15 credit hours.
    forgot where i read it by i think the army only allows 20% of new recruits to have a ged, so they will let you in with a ged. also try ever recruiter in 5 counties, their will be someone who can help you.
    that's president hussein obama to you

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    15 credits isn't that much. Some classes are 3 credits each. You could nearly knock all of those out in a single semester.

You could get 15 credits towards an AA degree from HCC using their distance learning program (ie, online) pretty easily and still continue your current job. You could take some prerequisite courses like english composition and not ever have to tackle anything difficult. You just need $$ , it's not cheap so make sure it's worth it before you commit.
    What is HCC?
    I was looking around and it seems like it will cost a few hundren to do it online. I can probably afford it when I land this job im looking at.
    Hell I would live off of ramen noodles and peddle a bike to work if I had to.

Im not really a dumb guy. I got out of highschool because life got tough for me. Both of my parents died 2 years apart and I moved. I got my GED within 2 weeks of turning 16 and with good marks.

I christmas treed the asvab and got a 60 something. Which isnt that great but for being out of school for almost 10 years its decent. I just needed a 50 so thats all I shot for. My line scores were great tho.
    I dont want any fancy bonus or anything in the Army. I just want to be a solider and have the chance to go to airborne/ranger school.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaTraps View Post
    you should look into getting your criminal record sealed/expunged i bet it's cheaper and quicker than 15 credit hours.
    forgot where i read it by i think the army only allows 20% of new recruits to have a ged, so they will let you in with a ged. also try ever recruiter in 5 counties, their will be someone who can help you.
    My record is cleared. That doesnt matter to uncle sam. Everytime a police officer writes your name in a report or your appear in court uncle sam knows about it.
    Hell I got to see every driving offense I ever did when I was at the recruiting station.

There is no way to clear your record when it comes to the Army or any goverment job.

If I go for a job and it ask if I was ever convicted of a felony I put no ( since I wasnt) and I never have an issue. Nothing comes up for me. Hell my picture doesnt even come up when you do an offender search.

I got arrested for what the cop thought was xtc. I was taken to jail, I bailed out and 2 weeks later the state attorney called me saying that all charges were dropped. I never even went to court. I went from the street to a cop car to jail and back to my couch.
    Well, the army sees that as a drug charge. Even tho when I write my letter for the waiver it will be cleared away but for now its looked at as a drug charge.

jdk
    Non ducor, duco jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk User is effing awesome ! jdk's Avatar
    HCC is Hillsborough Community College. http://www.hccfl.edu/ If you're really serious you might want to speak to an advisor there instead of asking TF. You may have to take an entrance exam to get in since you have a GED.

RE ASVAB, do your best on it, man. If you have a less than stellar records and a low ASVAB score you may get overlooked whereas if you have less than stellar records but a good ASVAB score you will at least have some leverage with the recruiter. High school is over, you need to do your best on every test you take if you want to better yourself.
    Last edited by jdk; 10-27-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Moved to http://verbalclash.com , cya.

Registered User johngreaver is on a distinguished road

Getting in the army

Hey man how is your situation going im going through the exact same situation as you are record/ged at first it was suspose to be no problem i scored over 50 on the asvab so it was good then he says they arent taking ged with records now so i need 15 college credits but anyways just wanting to know how your adventure was going

Dink921- You would be shocked at how tight shit is now. Marines wont take any GED's even if you found the cure to cancer. Airforce doesnt take bad credit. Navy wants you to give oral sex to men before you get on the boat and the Army cant keep their office doors closed.

The job market is so shitty that everyone is going. Well, not for combat jobs but everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by johngreaver View Post
    Hey man how is your situation going im going through the exact same situation as you are record/ged at first it was suspose to be no problem i scored over 50 on the asvab so it was good then he says they arent taking ged with records now so i need 15 college credits but anyways just wanting to know how your adventure was going
    Depending on your crimes your screwed.

I have a burglary at age 13 and a poss. of a controled substance (1 xanex pill) at 19. Im 25 now. GED and fucked with no lube or hug.

Honestly from what I heard the 15 credits might not even work if theres alot of HS grads with no crimes infront of you.

GED with crimes = bottom feeder.

Also I hope you wernt looking to the Army for a job or bonus because with a GED you get no bonus ( i never personally cared about it ) and little job choice.

I would pay to get in actually. I have 2 grand coming in acouple of months. I would pay that to go.

I have fuzzy eyebrows HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS User is effing awesome ! HybridSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dink921 View Post
    i thought of all branches the army accepted just about anyone...
    As usual you show your ignorance on military matters.

To the OP
    The Armed Service are probably not having any issues recruiting right now due to the economy. It sounds like they have tightened standards again.

Good luck, hopefully you can catch a break and slide in at some point.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap

Shaved Accord rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels's Avatar
    15 credits isn't hard to get at all. I did 15 - 18 credits per semester my last year and a half or two of college and it was manageable. I'd go with that route.
    Adam
    University of South Florida - Graduate School

is retired... nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540's Avatar
    Tre...take it from someone who has enlisted two different times and am working on a third with 6 years total time in service. Go see another recruiter! Not less than two years ago they'd take you even if you didn't have a GED and were a felon. They enlist you, get you a GED and have your record expounged. Someone earlier suggested getting your record expounged. I recommend that. The service is getting stiffer on drug charges because of the cost of possibly having to treat that sevrvicemember later on more than likely after a deployment when the addiction/problem has reached it's climax. If you've got your GED go get your record expounged. Before you do anything go see another recruiter. Recruiters can be VERY lazy. I'm guessing this dude is blowing you off because like previously stated they've got a massive influx of students enlisting right out of highschool. They can get you in it just takes more time and work on the recruiters part. DO NOT LET THEM BULLSHITE you bro. Another thought that I know can DEF. be done is you enlisting into the national guard. Serve Six months then put in for a "Conditional Release". That will enable you to end your contract with the Army National Guard and then enter Active duty army. If you've got any questions I know exactly where to look for regulations and I still have many friends that I can reach out to that are still in and some of them are senior NCOs that would know of any of this off the top of their head.

matt

Hit me up on AOL if ya need some advice/help/research
    "I just drank a fifth of vodka. Dare me to drive?"

Don't take life so serious. It's not like were getting out of it alive anyway.

not of this god billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton's Avatar
    get your hs diploma, im sure they got classes you can take to get it
    you will come with me to die and find that death is not the end.......

is retired... nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540 User is effing awesome ! nocomply540's Avatar
    That's another route he could go too. They do have night classes for older folks to go back and get their HS diploma. He wouldn't actually go to a Highschool.

Matt.. I tried 4 different recruiters in a 6-8 month period.
    I even tried out of state.
    If I can do the guard then go to the Army I would.

If you have any of thoese names shoot me a PM. I would love to try and get in again. Life right now is all crazy since I just moved, starting a job soon and just got back on the road.

And Billybong.. once you get your GED I dont think you can go for a HS diploma.. would be cool tho.
    I got my GED within acouple of weeks of turning 16.

With parents dying and moving around getting set up in another highschool was a pain when I was a few months away from being 16 for a GED.

I just wish I would of toughed it out and just jumped around highschools now.

not of this god billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton's Avatar
    fuck call around an ask, i dont see why you couldnt
    you will come with me to die and find that death is not the end.......

Yes Dink you can go to an adult Highschool per say and get an actual HS diploma!

So you were in once before? What was your Re-Entry code Tre?

I just spoke with a National Guard recruiter via the internet and got a few basic questions answered. As long as you've been out for 12 months with a general under honorable conditions they'll let you in the guard. You can serve a short stint with them then off you go to the Army. I was in the Guard when we were on Iraq and wasn't allowed to seperate from the Guard to go active duty because I was stop lossed. After the stop loss was lifted I was on the first thing smoking to my pick of duty station. I'm actually waiting on a call from a Nat. Guard Recruiter right now. If that doesn't work I've got my district Cong. Rep on standby. I have a packet of paper work to argue different points and with those and my senators backing I'm pretty optimistic that it'll work. Try writting you congressional rep. There's actually another member on TR that I'm working with on this same matter. So that makes three TR/TF'rs trying to do this. I'm sure it'll come up on some higher level when two diff. reps are having the same problem with three dif. soldiers. I didn't mean to have you call my contacts. I meant I could get in touch with them and have them look up any questions you might have. My last squad leader was a walking library of Army Rules and Regs.
    Last edited by nocomply540; 02-25-2009 at 02:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information