+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AK side mount question

Registered User PapiPaco is on a distinguished road

AK side mount question

Is there any easy way to verify whether or not the side mount on an AK is level/true? I can't seem to get a good zero on a new red dot using a boresight. The elevation is WAY off and I'm not sure what to suspect other than the side mount on the receiver. The detachable mount that I bought seems well made and solid. TIA for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this.

Pistol Life o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome !
    might want to post this in the guns and ammo section

mod note: moved
    Last edited by Clint; 11-30-2012 at 09:32 AM.

TF Admin Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint's Avatar
    What mount did you get?

Is the rail portion able to be removed? If so, you may be able to shim the rear (or front, depending on if it's shooting low or high)
    sig goes here

I got the RS Regulate AKML. It appears to be very well made and is solid and light. It also allows the AK to be broken down without taking the optics off.

I'll have to look at the sidemount rail to see if I can do anything with it. I don't think there's much I can do on that side of things, but I guess worst case I could shim under the RDS itself...

TF Admin Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint's Avatar
    Hmm, found an interesting conversation on some other forums basically saying that if your AK isn't factory made, you most likely will have the issues you're experiencing..

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...gestions/page4

Not really a solution per say, but maybe that will help you get it sorted out.
    sig goes here

Good find on that thread, thanks! I think I'll be doing some garage tinkering this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information