+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactical Weapons Solutions - Opinions?

Registered User 90 Coupe is on a distinguished road

Tactical Weapons Solutions - Opinions?

Just curious if anyone owns a weapon or has had dealings with them? Thoughts and opinions, rants and raves.

Biggest question - would you give them a prepayment for delivery in 10 weeks? My biggest concern is they go out of business and bye bye a grand. They currently cant take credit cards (processor doesnt want to work with evil black gun providers) so its cash or check.
    Last edited by 90 Coupe; 02-15-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Registered User BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome ! BlitzK User is effing awesome !
    No way I'd give anyone cash for a 10week preorder...

Bullshit that they wont take CC's because processors wont work with them.

has his prioritys ef'd up BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute BigDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    /\ pretty much sums it up....

Pistol Life o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome ! o1yellowGT User is effing awesome !
    Ok TWS is local ( Apopka ) I know a guy John Childs who owns Sunshine State Arms on the east coast of FL. He has sold their lowers with no problems. Ill preface this link by saying IMO the buyer sounds like someone who is clueless as to what is happening in the world today. IDK if he expected to get a miracle rush shipment amid panic buyers galore or what. The reply from TWS , while stern , was pretty awesome.

Take this for what its worth ( an internet pissy guy )

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/144...products_.html

To all,

I have finally received two upper receivers that I ordered 7 weeks ago from TWS Arms off Gun Broker.

Items finally came a few days ago, regular mail with no tracking information.

I had filed a US Mail Fraud report with GB and USPS last week.

Upper for my AR are junk. Terrible quality, poor machine work, and the finish is spotty.

After leaving Greg Swift over a dozen emails and phone calls over the course of 6 weeks, he finally responded below. Total chip on his shoulder with major attitude.

Beware of doing business with this clown. He has again been banned on Gun Broker, and for good reason. My apology as well for the long long single paragraph from this angry businessman. If you look at TWS Arms recent feedback on GB, they are all 'F's' for a very good reason.

Stay clear of this company to avoid what happened to me.

Tim
    The reply

Dear Mr. H.,

It is obvious from your statements that you seem to be a little behind the curve as to how the manufacturing business works. It also appears that you seem to be a little lacking in knowledge pertaining to types and quality of parts as well. We are one of the few companies actually fulfilling orders, a point quite obviously missed by you in your remarkably fact-deficient diatribe. Some of the biggest names in the gun industry are a year out with fulfillment dates. Some of these companies even purchase parts from little old TWS. With regard to our website our fans and friends have no problem with our explanation of the current state of affairs relating to the manufacturing of parts and components mostly because they are reasonable people who understand that the current frenzy in the marketplace for firearms and related parts has never been equaled in the history of firearm sales in this country. In many cases this has resulted in absurd comments much like the ones you listed below. With companies like the Freedom Group buying up manufacturing companies when possible and all production from companies they can't purchase, the supply of products to us that were promised under contract are not being fulfilled in a timely manner. This has a tremendous ripple effect across the industry when someone like the Freedom Group buys a company that makes, for example, barrels. Freedom Group buys the barrel company that was supplying many manufacturers with barrel blanks and then, overnight (after they purchase the company), tells them they will no longer supply barrel blanks. Barrels, of course, were just an example. As a result, we are then scrambling to acquire additional product from our other sources to fill the gap. There is nothing we can do but sue those companies that have failed to supply contracted materials. However, it is cheaper in the long run for us, as these companies have very deep pockets, to just move on to our second and third tier suppliers. Regarding your statement about Chinese parts - Chinese parts can't legally be used on AR-15 rifles, but most knowledgeable people are already aware of that. You apparently are not. Also, there are about 14 shades of MilSpec black/grey that can be used on upper and lower receivers and that will be accepted by the U.S. Military. This may be debatable but MilSpec upper receivers (the real ones actually made by a company that supplies military contractors) have passed inspection to meet the MilSpec requirement and come to our facility with a black anodize with slight hues ranging from purple to gray to black. All of these passing inspection to be counted as MilSpec. This is one of the reasons we try to get our upper receivers, whenever possible, in the white and send them to anodizing along with our lowers - so that we can have them coated at the same time so they match. By the way, the uppers and lowers are forgings not castings. There is a significant difference between the two. Most informed gun guys are aware of that fact The upper receiver you received was manufactured by AO Precision. AO provides uppers, lowers, barrel extensions and bolt carrier groups and a host of other MilSpec parts to FN Herstal, Sig, Del-Ton and and many other companies, some of whom manufacture firearms for the U.S. Military and various federal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. By the way, our inventory on hand is sufficient to fulfill orders for approximately two months, and we have product coming in on a daily basis to replace product that has been sold and shipped. You received your order in six weeks. We are currently processing hundreds of orders daily. We take orders based on our ability to produce. We have orders going out to about 12-16 weeks. Since no one knows what the market will be like after that we aren't taking orders for that period of time. If you had any clue as to what you were talking about you would recognize that most companies are no longer taking orders as they have gone past any idea as to when they will be able to fulfill them. Your facts are lacking and without merit. I commented on the merits of your email regarding your lack of facts and apparent unfamiliarity with M4 upper receiver, but I believe Dale Carnegie said it best...

“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most do.”
    ― Dale Carnegie

Gregg Swift
    Tactical Weapons Solutions

Registered User Apricotshot is on a distinguished road
    Never, ever, under any circumstances when dealing with firearms, shell out money for a product that is not in stock or in existance. More people have been burned that way than I can count.

Registered User 90 Coupe is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I'm waiting for things to calm down before proceding.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information