+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WTF kind of animal is this?

Vote for me EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp's Avatar

WTF kind of animal is this?

Not really pertaining to firearms, but hoping some of the hunters here could help me out. Yesterday I arrived home at sundown to find all of my livestock killed, about 25 chickens, 3 ducks, and 14 rabbits. I found these tracks coming down my dirt driveway, to my chicken coop, across my garden and to my rabbit hutches. I have no idea what this is, and can't find anything online that looks like it. Whatever it was, it spooked my two huskies enough to break out of their pen and run about a 1/4 of a mile away. Any help is appreciated, I'd like to know what kind of animal I need to track down and kill in my woods now:

WTF kind of animal  is this?-dscn1592.jpgWTF kind of animal  is this?-dscn1585.jpgWTF kind of animal  is this?-dscn1583.jpgWTF kind of animal  is this?-dscn1589.jpg

I can get more pics up tomorrow if needed.

Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by biggoofy View Post
    if guns kill people , spoons made rosy o donald fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayn Rand
    "Just as I support my life, neither by robbery nor alms, but by my own effort, so I do not seek to derive my happiness from the injury or the favor of others, but earn it by my own achievement."

Registered User 90 Coupe is on a distinguished road
    Not much of a hunter but I see a lot of anilmal planet on tv. I'm guessing Chupacabra.

No?

Ok, how about coyote? Could it have been more than one? Ive seen some decent sized ones up in new tampa.

Bobcats are like house cats and retract their claws, I think. That would rule that out.

Vote for me EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp has a reputation beyond repute EnsenCorp's Avatar
    I thought it was a bobcat until I seen the hind foot. Then I thought maybe a small black bear, but the toes don't match up. I'm leaning towards Chupacabra at this point.
    "Just as I support my life, neither by robbery nor alms, but by my own effort, so I do not seek to derive my happiness from the injury or the favor of others, but earn it by my own achievement."

Registered User Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz has a reputation beyond repute Eluzzionz's Avatar
    damn that sucks...and not going to lie i was starring at the first photo like i don't see any fking animal...clicked out of photo then realized they were prints ...I'm guessing a coyote as well...def not a bobcat(like 90 said they don't have claws out).

You think maybe your dogs killed them though? I don't see a coyote killing all those animals to just eat..and i dont know why a coyote would scare two huskies...a coyote wouldn't scare my little dachshund(he's a bit too brave though)
    Last edited by Eluzzionz; 03-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.

I thought it was my dogs until I realized there wasn't a drop of blood on either one, and trust me, it was a bloodbath. Those prints were fresh from that day as well, they trampled my raised beds. The rear track is different from a coyote, though, which is what confuses me. I'm going to take clearer pictures tomorrow to show they aren't coyote or canine. I took a picture of my dog prints as well, they are MUCH smaller than the mystery tracks:

WTF kind of animal  is this?-dscn1581.jpg
    Last edited by EnsenCorp; 03-26-2013 at 06:41 PM.

is doing your girlfriend Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf's Avatar
    Maybe send an email to Fish and Wildlife

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

Kind of hard to see their print in that one, but it's half the size of the unknown prints

I looked on their website, but couldn't find their email. Could have missed it, though. Was looking between working and track research

Administrator TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe's Avatar
    thats one big ass raccoon! nah, i dunno

is doing your girlfriend Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf User is effing awesome ! Duceanahalf's Avatar
    maybe an ill tempered giant river otter that someone let loose

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

Quote Originally Posted by EnsenCorp View Post
    I looked on their website, but couldn't find their email. Could have missed it, though. Was looking between working and track research
    if your on facebook, you could ask on there, they seem pretty active on there. https://www.facebook.com/MyFWC?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm not, quit that shit long ago.

I thought it may be a large raccoon as well, but I need to get a better look at the prints when I get back home and the sun is up. I've seen raccoon prints here and there, but they are small compared to these. Some of the locals think it's either a black bear, weasel, or big ass coyote.

Registered User 90 Coupe is on a distinguished road
    Any wild dogs around?

I'm not 100 percent sure bobcats clawe retract.

What about a panther? The males do wander outside what their traditional range is. I saw one cross 54 around livingston many years ago. I'm talking 20 or so.

At the beach Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme User is effing awesome ! Beachtyme's Avatar
    Looks canine or lupine to me.

Do you have a game camera and bait you can set up?

No wild dogs around, but from talking to the neighbors a pack will come together and roam around once in a while. Not sure about a panther, I guess anything is possible.

I don't have a game camera, and I'm sure I could get something set up for bait. I was going to set some traps set up, but the woman is scared of the kid not listening and leaving the house and walking into one.

TF Admin Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint's Avatar
    all look like dog/coyote, except the long one in pic 2, any more like that?
    sig goes here

TF Admin Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint User is effing awesome ! Clint's Avatar
    pic 2 almost looks more like black bear to me..
    sig goes here

Caught Somewhere in Time nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster User is effing awesome ! nipster's Avatar
    All the pics except pic 2 look like a dog/coyote or a really big fox

Hk hates me redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns's Avatar
    Looks like carnie tracks to me. I'd check the local parking lot fairs, before I started shooting dogs.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
    —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

'Bout it 'Bout it creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus User is effing awesome ! creophus's Avatar
    As already mentioned, my guess is a dog or two. Could be neighbor dogs that got loose or a wild pack. Sorry your animals got killed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information