+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "GNC" brand VS. "Other" brands....

DookieLuv!

"GNC" brand VS. "Other" brands....

So I go to GNC to look for a multi-vitamain and the dood that works there is hounding me so I tell him what I'm looking for, he starts with "well you can get this, or for like $10 cheaper you can get the "GNC" brand which is exactly the same thing. Then he goes on with "what you should really try is this "other brand" protein (blah blah blah), but for like $25 dollars cheaper you can get the "GNC" brand and its the EXACT same thing". He does this like 5 times, I figure he gets a commission for selling GNC products considering it is at a GNC store, but I was gonna ask him if its the EXACT same thing, why the hell do you sell the other stuff??? Is there a difference between this crap.

putting on the ritz ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey's Avatar
    they get a comission on anything sold, but the GNC products will for instance cost them $3 for box of vitamins, and they'll sell it for $30.

so while a good box of vitamins would cost you $50, if its not GNC, GNC had to pay $30 for them.. so instead of a $27 profit they'll get $20.. just an example and not real figures, but you get the idea.

a girl i know works at GNC and youd be amazed at what GNC products cost them.. almost nothing. Im pretty sure the vitamins had the largest markup.. it was something like $1 for a huge bottle

most of the people i know goto GNC once a week to buy their "old" products, bags of protein for $5.. etc they have a rack of goods they have to sell for nothing or throw out.. only place to shop there

...like a boss Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn is a splendid one to behold Shawn's Avatar
    im interested in hearing some responses to this too.
    ive done ingredients comparisons before, and if theyre similar enough i dont think it should matter. kinda like hydrocodone vs. vicodin.

different products will have more inportant differences, of course. i take GNC's Ultra Mega Gold as a daily multivitamin, and i think it suits my needs. I also just started taking GNC brand "Thermo Burst" looking for something to give me a little more energy, or maybe speed up my molasses-in-the-winter metabolism. Not sure if itll work out but you can try stuff for like 30 days and return it if youre not happy.

Thats like taking the whole bottle and still getting youre money back, not much risk there.

Stop stalking me MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute
    check the dosages on the multi vitamins. i use animal pak, and vitamin shop has a beast pack. they are claimed to be the same, but that isn't the case.

GET ON MY LEVEL!!! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G User is effing awesome ! Capital G's Avatar
    I just look at the ingredients and amount per serving, if they are the same then I go with the cheaper. For example if you get 23g of protein in one scoop and the other says 23 per two scoops then you have to calculate how long each will last.

Allot of times I think you just pay for the name...

Beast in Training Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle User is effing awesome ! Shizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by URFUCT
    So I go to GNC to look for a multi-vitamain and the dood that works there is hounding me so I tell him what I'm looking for, he starts with "well you can get this, or for like $10 cheaper you can get the "GNC" brand which is exactly the same thing. Then he goes on with "what you should really try is this "other brand" protein (blah blah blah), but for like $25 dollars cheaper you can get the "GNC" brand and its the EXACT same thing". He does this like 5 times, I figure he gets a commission for selling GNC products considering it is at a GNC store, but I was gonna ask him if its the EXACT same thing, why the hell do you sell the other stuff??? Is there a difference between this crap.
    Save yourself the hassle and shop at www.bodybuilding.com/store

I hate going into GNC for that very reason....were you in the one on westshore?

Btw..here's a really good multivitamin...

http://www.ast-ss.com/Products/Produ....asp?ProdID=19
    ...for shizzle...

DookieLuv!
    I was at the GNC in town and country by the wal-mart on hanley and waters.

putting on the ritz ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey has a reputation beyond repute ...mikey's Avatar

Stop stalking me MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute MitchMitchem has a reputation beyond repute
    Protein is a funny thing, Bostich. First, you need to see what type(s) of protein are in it. Different kinds are abosorbed into your body at different rates. Example: whey protein is absorbed much more rapidly than other proteins. This is why it is good to drink after a workout, but if you are using it to drink throughout the day, you will find that it won't leave you feeling as "full" as something that is a blend of proteins.

Also, you have to look at how it dissolves, the consistency, and the flavor (with milk and water).

However, if it is just a pill you swallow, not as much needs to be looked into.

I've found that Amplify is the best overall for a whey protein, with the Vitamin Shop brand coming in at a close second.

For a blended protein, nothing can compare to ProBlend55.

Just had to put my input in here since someone mentioned protein.

Time will tell arsoniq26 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostitch
    I just look at the ingredients and amount per serving, if they are the same then I go with the cheaper. For example if you get 23g of protein in one scoop and the other says 23 per two scoops then you have to calculate how long each will last.

Allot of times I think you just pay for the name...

I do the exact same, More Servings + Cheaper Price = Why the Fuck not. I'm sure I'm not doing wrong or hurting myself by using GNC brands. And all of their products have worked good for me so far so why consider others?

The Happy Mrs. HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute HerHotRod has a reputation beyond repute
    I use the GNC womens multi vitamin and the GNC hair/skin and nails. I noticed a big diference when I started using them. I hadn't used a diferent brand prior to be able to compare it to though, but I've been happy w/ it.

Embrace the Hate Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World User is effing awesome ! Strongest Man In The World's Avatar
    How about from now on we assume that most people here know the difference between whey protien, cassine, egg protien, etc...

the majority of consumed protien powder is whey, so when people talk about compraring powders, lets hope they are smart enough to compare product types and brands.
    CombatFitnessBlog.com
    Click ^^ to receive the controversial Ebook "Maximize Your PT" for FREE

People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer. Guess it's just the fury of man!

Who are the Hardcore lifters?? StrengthCamp RyanMagin.com

Time will tell arsoniq26 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Etc
    How about from now on we assume that most people here know the difference between whey protien, cassine, egg protien, etc...

the majority of consumed protien powder is whey, so when people talk about compraring powders, lets hope they are smart enough to compare product types and brands.

Thats what I was assuming as well.

Better safe than sorry.

Life is beautiful Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442's Avatar
    general rule of thumb... Dont ever buy from GNC. Shit products that cost way too much. Get some quality supplements, or none at all.
    "so persuasively did they talk; and yet there is hardly a word of truth in what they have said."
    Plato, Apology

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
    Buddha

drives euro trash Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan has a reputation beyond repute Alan's Avatar
    I worked at GNC for about 3-years. GNC makes some very good quality products, particularly multi-vitamins and herbs. I prefer a GNC multi over the comparable Centrum or One-A-Day. I haven't compared them in years, but the concentration levels in the GNC vitamins were a bit better and they don't use fillers (Centrum used talc as a filler years ago).

As far as body building products go I've used probably every brand of protein, meal replacement, and creatine made between 1998 and 2001. I found the GNC products were right up there with the "name brand" alternatives. In particular, the creatine monohydrate was great stuff...it was actually processed/filled in the same exact plant as EAS, yet was lower in price. GNC's 100% Whey Protein is pretty good...comparable to any other 100% whey protein product out there. They also made a great tasting meal replacement with better stats than MyoPlex/MetRx, yet didn't need a blender to mix (I think it was called Mega MRP).

After I quit my job & lost my employee discount, I haven't stepped foot inside a GNC to look at anything besides multi-vitamins in probably a two years. Not sure what the prices are now, but a few years ago GNC products were just as good as the name brands yet were TONS cheaper.

Life is beautiful Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442 is an unknown quantity at this point Dunecune442's Avatar
    its alot more expensive now, about the same price as name brand or more.

some stuff is cheaper, like protein but things like carnitine etc your better off shopping elsewhere.
    "so persuasively did they talk; and yet there is hardly a word of truth in what they have said."
    Plato, Apology

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
    Buddha

Body Enhancemnt Speclst raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7's Avatar
    i NEVER shop at GNC.. Only place i go is Vitamin Shoppe, its cheaper and they have a better selection of the items i shop for.

Reppin' the 813 Bumpin Expo is an unknown quantity at this point Bumpin Expo is an unknown quantity at this point Bumpin Expo is an unknown quantity at this point Bumpin Expo's Avatar
    Is this stuff one a day or is it like Animal Pak where I need to consume 11 damn pills?

Body Enhancemnt Speclst raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7 User is effing awesome ! raveman7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin Expo
    Is this stuff one a day or is it like Animal Pak where I need to consume 11 damn pills?

this should be just one a day.. However AST does make alot of great products, i would suggest a simple Mens Multi Vitamin brand.. generally costs $10-$17 depending on the amount of caps you want. IF you are working out, lifting heavy then you will want more in a multi vitamin than just the standard stuff, you will also want a healthy dose of BCAA's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information