+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Filthy Neighbors & Roaches

miss independent Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli's Avatar

Filthy Neighbors & Roaches

Not in a home, but in a close-setting living quarters, such as a condo, town home or apartment.

So, I've been living in my Apt for 3 years, 4 months and I've only run into an occasional small spider or silverfish in the tub after being away for a semi-long period of time. Never a roach.

But problems have gotten worse.
    Beginning in October 2008 I began to find an occasional roach but now I've found 3 within the last 3 days. I took a picture, and yes, it's a GERMAN COCKROACH.

Ok I don't mean to freak out but, I'm freaking out. I'm a clean freak, I bleach everything. So much that I should buy stocks in Clorox. But I walk into the kitchen and he's hanging out like "yeah that's right bitch Im a German cockroach on your mother fucking kitchen counter what you gonna do" And I think he's suicidal because he knows he's got 10000000 brothers and sisters ready to pwn my ass when I leave for 3 weeks here coming up.

My next door neighbor does not own a vacuum cleaner (I know this because he borrows mine like once per month if even) and the people below me had so much trash and food debris on their floors when I glanced in occasionally one time that you couldn't see their carpet.

So if the pest control man came TEN days before he normally does (Just came Dec 1) then do you think he sprayed the shit out of the people below me and now they're migrating north to my apartment?

I'm just wondering if anyone has had to deal with filthy neighbors and finding an increase in ROACHES in particular. They moved in on Aug 1. Also what did you do to fix this issue? I have to run around and scream for a good 5 minutes before using my Lysol spray as a gun to shoot him then find some sort of contraption to get rid of the corpse. I hate roaches.

Also I take out my trash every day, I vacuum like it's my job, I bleach/mop, do my dishes, surface clean 5 days per week and deep clean every Sunday. I hardly imagine that my living conditions are the issue, so that's why I'm blaming the neighbors.

The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
    - Nietzsche

If I wanted change, I'd go to the bank
    McCain-Palin 2008

not of this god billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton's Avatar
    Ok I don't mean to freak out but, I'm freaking out. I'm a clean freak, I bleach everything. So much that I should buy stocks in Clorox. But I walk into the kitchen and he's hanging out like "yeah that's right bitch Im a German cockroach on your mother fucking kitchen counter what you gonna do" And I think he's suicidal because he knows he's got 10000000 brothers and sisters ready to pwn my ass when I leave for 3 weeks here coming up.
    hahahahaha your such a girl man, just bust out a bug bomb or two that should clusterfuck the roaches to a new dig
    you will come with me to die and find that death is not the end.......

miss independent Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli User is effing awesome ! Alli's Avatar
    I know !!! I clean so so so much to prevent bugs though, and it's been very effective in the past, so what gives?!

I'm about to go to Wal Mart or some place and raid their shelves for bug spray, bombs, glue, etc.
    - Nietzsche

McCain-Palin 2008

not of this god billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton's Avatar
    its more than likely cause of the neighbors, or maybe the german cockroach was like man this trick lives good, but chances are if you keep your place clean like you say you do the bug problem will still be there but you just wont see them being that there wont be anyfood, but the bug bomb will be the best

could be worse TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM's Avatar
    tell your complex you need your place sprayed.. they will do it for you for free.. Also, I know how you feel. Me and my wife are pretty damn clean people also and we live in a townhouse, our neighbores to the left are fucking pigs. we spray the perimiter of our house about once a month now and havent had to many issues.. we occationaly find a dead one by the wall (where it was sprayed).. im so glad to be getting out of this place soon. Ill never share walls with anyone again.
    aim:because tim said

www.generationsofcabinetry.com

OMG. Update: I go into the kitchen to grab a beer after my extremely long day of even DEEPER cleaning... i.e. pulling out the stove and cleaning the wall behind it, underneath it and underneath the stove top thingies where food can fall into ... and I look over at my stove admiring it's cleanliness and I find a teeny tiny baby german cockroach. Well I think this one is German cause of the little tail things on their butt.

It wasn't moving and I thought "Dammit now I need to re-clean the stove top cause they carry disease/bacteria" But I assumed the little fucker was dead so I walked away to enjoy my beer. I come back and IT'S GONE.

So, A. Little baby German cockroach is still alive and well and growing
    B. There has to be a nest somewhere. And I have not found it. And I'm kind of glad I haven't cause I might die, but I need to find it.

So I just wrote a letter to my landlord about my tragic experiences and hopefully we can resolve the issue very soon. I wasted a whole day of studying cause of this BS. And I now I just need to get out of my house.

Tim : That's a good idea. Sharing walls is a very bad idea. I never realized bugs would ever be a problem, I always figured it would be noise or something. Noise is the least of my issues. I asked a guy friend that lives in my same complex/different building and he said they have a bad roach problem, but I've never been in their apt so IDK if it's cause they're messy college boys. I just don't want this roach problem to be a habit.
    - Nietzsche

McCain-Palin 2008

zee german roache iz cominz for youz

Hk hates me redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns's Avatar
    Listen close, cause I do this for a living.

Yes the bug man spraying down stairs can drive roaches into your place. find out what he used and post it. I'll bet it is a "repellant" pesticide, most are and it's no big deal...as long as he sprayed your place as heavy as theirs and got all the places they could have crawled through. Cause now it hurts to be a roach down there.

We both know he didn't.

What can you do...?

Go to a "do it yourself" pest control store, look it up in the phone book , it's worth it. Ask for Advion, or Maxforce gel baits, and Maxforce fine granular roach bait. Sprinkle the granular behind the stove, put the gel behind the switch plates and where the water pipes come out of the wall. Alot of little placements are better than a few big ones, I have to tell you to read the label. The idea is these baits kill the adults, and has enough secondary toxicity to kill roaches that feed on the corpse, hopefully back in the hole they are living in. Putting the bait as close to their entrances will keep them off your counters. If you spray the bait down with cleaner they won't eat it.

This stuff should no cost more than 15/20 bucks...Have fun.

Shame your neighbor into cleaning their shit up...
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
    óJeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

could be worse TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    OMG. Update: I go into the kitchen to grab a beer after my extremely long day of even DEEPER cleaning... i.e. pulling out the stove and cleaning the wall behind it, underneath it and underneath the stove top thingies where food can fall into ... and I look over at my stove admiring it's cleanliness and I find a teeny tiny baby german cockroach. Well I think this one is German cause of the little tail things on their butt.

It wasn't moving and I thought "Dammit now I need to re-clean the stove top cause they carry disease/bacteria" But I assumed the little fucker was dead so I walked away to enjoy my beer. I come back and IT'S GONE.

So, A. Little baby German cockroach is still alive and well and growing
    B. There has to be a nest somewhere. And I have not found it. And I'm kind of glad I haven't cause I might die, but I need to find it.

So I just wrote a letter to my landlord about my tragic experiences and hopefully we can resolve the issue very soon. I wasted a whole day of studying cause of this BS. And I now I just need to get out of my house.

Tim : That's a good idea. Sharing walls is a very bad idea. I never realized bugs would ever be a problem, I always figured it would be noise or something. Noise is the least of my issues. I asked a guy friend that lives in my same complex/different building and he said they have a bad roach problem, but I've never been in their apt so IDK if it's cause they're messy college boys. I just don't want this roach problem to be a habit.
    apartments are even worse.. my wife is a leasing agent for an apartment complex and there always having the same issues. Everyone can be clean in the building, get one nasty apartment and it ruins it for everyone.. Unfortunatly the complex cant do anything about it since its there home, All they can do is keep spraying which in turn spreads them out even more.. just a never ending headache. im sorry about your luck and hopefully you can get it strait with ^^ advice

Atheist in Sarasota ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat's Avatar
    Alli, I so totally know how you feel!
    I live in a duplex, and luckily for me, they moved out 3 months ago, but for 4 very long years, no matter how clean I was, no matter the amount of roach traps, baits, sprays, etc, I would find roaches all of the time.
    I would spend days cleaning, vacuuming, scrubbing with bleach, lysol, no spot would be left unclean. It was so clean in here, you could lick your dinner off of the spotless and shining kitchen floors, yet still, I would find roaches.

Then one day I went next door because the lady called me and asked for help.
    She was disabled, morbidly obese, her husband drank they smoked pot, and all kinds of stuff, but I had assumed they were clean people. I always saw the husband and son taking out the trash and stuff.
    But when I went in, I almost stepped in dog shit.
    On the living room carpet.
    The smell inside the house almost dropped me to my knees.
    There were empty beer cans everywhere, dirty, moldy plates with food and silverware stuck to them, a mountain of dirty, moldy dishes piled up in both sides of the sink.
    The cat's litter box was teaming over with cat shits.
    Piles of dirty laundry in the hallway, in the living room, the dining room, and by the washer, a mountain of dirty, smelly, stained laundry.

I was dying in there, gagging on the stench, and I realized these people were why I had a roach problem.
    I helped her as quickly as I could, went back to my side and took a wicked long hot shower, practically scrubbing my skin off.

I ended up getting some bug bombs and the granules, and I sprayed all my my perimeter attaching walls, and it made a huge difference.
    Within about a month, my roach problem was gone, and I just had to keep up the granules and baits, and bombed about every 3 months for the whole 4 years they lived here.
    They have been gone for 3 months now, and I haven't seen a single roach since.

I am hoping upon hope that the next tenants on that side are clean people.
    "Now, Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet. Get your head in the right place and hey, you're complete." -Pixar short- Boundin'

Wow Ms Kat that's insane. I don't know if these people are the same way, but I imagine they are because I only began to have roach problems after they (the ones beneath me) and my next door neighbor adjacent to me moved in.

I'm soooo glad my lease ends in February! I literally stand in front of my kitchen without entering it for at least 60 seconds, scanning the floor and counter a dozen times, lol.

I will use bug spray along the walls next to where my one neighbor is, but how in the heck do I do it with the people below me?? I haven't seen any today thank goodness. How does the bug bomb thing work? Do I have to evacuate for a while after? Cause I'm leaving here next Sunday so if I let a bug bomb go just as I leave my apt for 3 weeks (And I'll throw food and everything away) then will I be okay? Or is there clean-up necessary?

Thank you everyone, by the way, for the advice!!
    - Nietzsche

McCain-Palin 2008

Hk hates me redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns User is effing awesome ! redinjuns's Avatar

I will use bug spray along the walls next to where my one neighbor is, but how in the heck do I do it with the people below me??
    The pipes/wires are usually the transit areas, the holes where they run them are bigger than the pipes/wires, so they crawl right through.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Atheist in Sarasota ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat User is effing awesome ! ms. kat's Avatar
    Alli, put all perishable foods in the fridge, make sure your cupboards are all closed up tightly, set off bug bomb, and go away like planned.
    You will come home to a lot of dead bugs, not just roaches. Bugs you never knew lived with you, will be on the floor, the counters, etc.
    I found huge spiders, water bugs, ants, omg, I was like in bug hell when we came back...
    "Now, Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet. Get your head in the right place and hey, you're complete." -Pixar short- Boundin'

Shaved Accord rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels User is effing awesome ! rebels's Avatar
    What about those things I see advertised on TV that you plug in the wall and supposedly it sends out pulses that drive the bugs away? I've seen a few cockroaches at my place (maybe one each month or two), but I feel your pain from when I lived in an apartment complex on the other side of town!
    Adam
    University of South Florida - Graduate School

Quote Originally Posted by rebels View Post
    What about those things I see advertised on TV that you plug in the wall and supposedly it sends out pulses that drive the bugs away? I've seen a few cockroaches at my place (maybe one each month or two), but I feel your pain from when I lived in an apartment complex on the other side of town!
    If those work why do the stores that sell them pay me to show up?

Ms Kat, where do all those bugs that you never see till you set off the bug bomb live normally? In the pantry, under the baseboards and in your tightly sealed cabinets. If it's not airtight the bugbomb will find a way in, and the pesticides will settle on your plates. If it has no residual effects you can clean them off with soap and water, if it is a residual pesticide, then it's going to hang on until the label says it comes off, either through exposure to wash cycles or sunlight.

I store all of my dishes inside my fridge, and I put all of my pots and pans inside double garbage bags over-end tied, (one tie on one end, one tie on the other end) and then back in the bottom cupboards.
    Then when I come home to clean up the bug massacre, I can just remove the garbage bags full of pans, sweep out, and then wash down all of the cupboards.
    I know enough to not leave anything at all out in the open during a bug bomb. I put plastic bags over the toaster and microwave even.

I would over bomb it, stick atleast one in every room right before you leave then run out.. I dont know how harmfull it is but the shit we used to use at the hotel I worked at smelled pretty serious. It does work though. I would also recomend leavng you cabinet doors open in the kitchen and bathrooms.. Of course, make sure you seal everything and all but bugs LOVE living in cabinets, expessially under the base cabinets.

No point in over bombing, you can only kill them once. If that's what she is going to use then she should do anything possible to get the fog into the places the roaches are living.

Ok. So I did write a letter to my landlord and I'll give it to him tomorrow. I haven't seen any roaches in 2 days now!! YAY

But I am going to do the bug bomb thing on Friday after my last exam. I'll just clean out my entire kitchen -- appliances, food, plates, etc. and then set a bug bomb thing off. I'm a little worried, I don't want to come home to bug hell!! But.... it's time to be a big girl now.
    - Nietzsche

McCain-Palin 2008

If you seek Amy Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica User is effing awesome ! Jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penis View Post
    Don't bring religion in this now. God knows you know nothing about cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information