+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulsing water out of the faucet???

13.04@104mph slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy's Avatar

Pulsing water out of the faucet???

when i turn the water up high (either hot or cold) the water pulses. the higher the volume of water, the faster the pulsing.

what is weird is that when there is no airator(sp?), the water comes out fine.

i want to keep the airator in because those cut back on the splashing when the water hits something.

whats going on with my sink? its only the kitchen sink, none of the other faucets do this.

thanks

TF Admin Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy's Avatar
    Few things...

First, do you hear any banging from the pipes when you shut the water off? Probably not the issue, but wanted to ask anyway.

Ok second, if you turn the water on and let it start pulsing and then use the sprayer does the pulse stop? If you don't have a sprayer that shoots that idea down.

13.04@104mph slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy has a reputation beyond repute slowy's Avatar
    1. I'll check that, i dont recall any noise when i turn the water off

2. we have a sprayer, but the button on the handle broke and it leaks by the handle so now it just sits in the right side under the dish drainer / dryer

but i'll see if i can get water to come out of the sprayer tonight

the wierd thing is that it only happens when there is an airator in it. when there is no airator, no pulsing.

Now taking applications! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad's Avatar

Now taking applications! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad's Avatar

turned both handles on full blast, faucet sounded like a machine gun, lol.
    got the sprayer to work, pulsing stopped, but water still came out of the faucet.

looks like i need a new diverter, but i hate my sink and faucet and the sprayer is broke, so i guess we'll just get a new sink, faucet, and sprayer?

Well, at least you figured out the problem

TF Admin Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy User is effing awesome ! Billy's Avatar
    That's what I was getting at Jimmy.

You can go the replacement route like you said,...although in most cases a rebuild kit for a faucet is only a few bucks and takes about 10 minutes to install. So depending on how long you have to wait to yank everything out and replace it you still might want to look into it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information