+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tell me what is killing my palm trees! Please!

The sig nazi's bitch... ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt has a reputation beyond repute ShakinIt's Avatar

Tell me what is killing my palm trees! Please!

I have a bunch of palm trees, three different types. Something is affecting them all. They are getting brown spots on the leaves, leaf tips browning and dying and white stuff on the underside. Anyone have any thoughts??

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, 6M, Brembos, nav and HIDs
    Flowmaster catbacks, K&N drop in, for now!

Now taking applications! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad's Avatar
    Try pruning them regularly. I thought those types of trees are supposed to be trimmed and only have branches at the top?

Uhhh... coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019 User is effing awesome ! coolcloo1019's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treysdad View Post
    I thought those types of trees are supposed to be trimmed and only have branches at the top?
    They are. Could be the reason.
    Tennessee Vols

Aerial Chainsaw Guru!!!!! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck User is effing awesome ! l2edneck's Avatar
    Looks like scale.....
    Definitly need trimmed.
    try spraying them with dawn dish soap.Dont use too much.Top and bottom ones are robelinis and the middle is an areka palm.Do a google search and try to match it up.

PM if you need me to come take a look.

Volere potere Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima User is effing awesome ! Bellissima's Avatar
    I've never been able to keep an areca palm from turning brown. They grow like weeds at my moms house though. Make sure you trim the branch itself and not just the brown parts or it will stop growing. (I made that mistake and quickly learned)
    You definetly have scale on the areca. Are you over-watering? And are they all established palms or fairly recent?
    The one planted next to the liriope plant looks like its getting way too much sun to me.. (I know cause I've burned a few)

not of this god billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton User is effing awesome ! billybongthorton's Avatar
    if im not mistaken awhile back, i believe there was an outbreak of a certain type of palm tree disease check it out

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...-yellowing.asp
    you will come with me to die and find that death is not the end.......

TR Balla Donor Supreme Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute Chucko has a reputation beyond repute
    nitrogen deficiency

Voice of Reason Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A User is effing awesome ! Topless T/A's Avatar
    Best bet is to take a soil sample and send it to your local Extension office. If you have any coconut palms, it's most likely "lethal yellow"

Assemblage 23
    Negative Format

I'll work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down.

Still Addicted to Boost J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle User is effing awesome ! J-Dizzle's Avatar
    u need magnesium sulfate and manganese for the yellowing of the leaves. most of the brown spots were probably from the freeze we had as i have those same palms and thats what happend. the new shoots got burnt and when they came out they were yellow. and cut about 3-4 layers of the frons all the way to the trunk. they all need a good pruning.
    Last edited by J-Dizzle; 05-18-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Registered User neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight User is effing awesome ! neonnight's Avatar
    you need to dig them out and off them before they get to big and cause problems .. i have seen them crack foundations when planted next to a house also walk ways and curbing , they also like to get into leach fields/septic tanks and clog them up. there still small get them out while you can

TR Balla Donor Supreme NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs User is effing awesome ! NeENeRs's Avatar
    There's a palm disease that's coming down from Texas. we've lost 2 palms at my office because of it. it's like AIDS for Palms. There's no cure for it. it's some sort of mold or something along those lines that kills the tree from the inside out.

Our building manager was telling me about it on Tuesday last week. The faster you remove the palms that are infected, the better chance you have of saving the palms in the surrounding area.

I'll see if I can get you more info on the disease but I suggest calling a tree removal service asap.

edit: i just realized this thread is kind of old but i hope it helps someone.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body"
    --Elizabeth Stone

Official Photo Ninja SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR has a reputation beyond repute SaturnTypeR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
    nitrogen deficiency
    Esp if using reclaimed water. Get some Palm fert, they sell a bag at wallyworld.

Official Photographer of Festivals of Speed St. Pete, Orlando, & Miami.

Canon 7D..Stepped up my Game

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information