+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why is my ac leaking so much water?? hlp plz!!

could be worse TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM's Avatar

why is my ac leaking so much water?? hlp plz!!

The a/c unit is in the attic. I come home and see water dripping in the bathroom... go up there and the whole metal pan under is FULL of water.. help please asap
    aim:because tim said

www.generationsofcabinetry.com

Sex TheRapist Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge's Avatar
    is this a window/wall unit or is the air handler in the attic?

most ac has an overflow cutoff so 1 that may be burnt out or it doesnt have one and 2 it isn't draining the moisture it's pulling from the air so it's gotta go somewhere. don't want to keep it running if it's overflowing like that, the blower motor tends to suck up some of that water and it'll burn out.

the line may be clogged with algea or some small animals like frogs or lizards decided to make it their home and blocked it with debris or their corpse.

first step would be to pour some bleach down the drain pipe if it's got a line draining to outside from the pan to try and kill/clear out some of the shit in the pipe, most stopped up pipes are just clogged with algea. if that doesnt work you'd want to try putting pressure on the line to clear it out.

you can either bring a hose up to the attic and try to force the clog to blow outside or if that doesnt work sometimes it can be easier to backwash the drain with a hose from outside as you can try to get more pressure without hosing down the entire attic but that tends to make a mess by the pan if you dont have someone watching to signal ya to stop when it's flowing.

once you get everything flowing you can get some pan tabs to put in every few months, just slow dissolving chlorine tabs for a/c pans to help keep the drain pipe clear of algea.
    1994 Harley-Davidson Softail Fatboy

1987 Chevrolet Silverado Suburban R10/V10

AIM - MrSiznat

Originally posted by Rick on MySpace
    This is Ford country, on quiet nights you can hear a Chevy rust.

Now taking applications! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post

the line may be clogged with algea or some small animals like frogs or lizards decided to make it their home and blocked it with debris or their corpse.

first step would be to pour some bleach down the drain pipe if it's got a line draining to outside from the pan to try and kill/clear out some of the shit in the pipe, most stopped up pipes are just clogged with algea. if that doesnt work you'd want to try putting pressure on the line to clear it out.

you can either bring a hose up to the attic and try to force the clog to blow outside or if that doesnt work sometimes it can be easier to backwash the drain with a hose from outside as you can try to get more pressure without hosing down the entire attic but that tends to make a mess by the pan if you dont have someone watching to signal ya to stop when it's flowing.

once you get everything flowing you can get some pan tabs to put in every few months, just slow dissolving chlorine tabs for a/c pans to help keep the drain pipe clear of algea.

/thread

can survive... Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute Country Boy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TreysDad View Post
    /thread
    no joke!

Sex TheRapist Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge has a reputation beyond repute Forge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
    no joke!

AIM - MrSiznat

Awesome User Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace User is effing awesome ! Cornwalace's Avatar
    You can also use a shopvac (and duct tape) to clear out them pipes...

That temporarily solved my leaking problem. I soon learned that having the air on for many hours non-stop would also cause major leaking. I got a new thermostat to fix that.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    You can also use a shopvac (and duct tape) to clear out them pipes...

That temporarily solved my leaking problem. I soon learned that having the air on for many hours non-stop would also cause major leaking. I got a new thermostat to fix that.
    the only problem with that is ya need a decent shopvac to get enough pressure to pull the funk outta the pipe, but it's a much less messy way to go. i prefer a hose cause you can get some serious water pressure on the line and clear out damn near anything. and not everybody has a shopvac, everyone has a hose although a shopvac's a great investment no matter what.

AIM - MrSiznat

Now taking applications! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad User is effing awesome ! Treysdad's Avatar
    I have a little doobie in my unit that disables the a/c if it overfills.

yeah, that was at the top of my post that either it's burnt out or he doesnt have one. most airhandlers have an overflow sensor/cutoff on the drainpipe so if the water backs up it turns off the blower.

AIM - MrSiznat

Registered User TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough
    yeah got one of those too, but the ahole that installed my system did not figure it out right and water leaked like mad a month or so back when it overflowed. Mine was clogged outside where they put a trap at the end of the drain. trap got clogged, trap now gone....
    -TK

If you can Turn you are not going Fast Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo
    I'm not a loser, I'm just incarcerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treysdad
    Tell me about it. Sometimes i get this abrasion just under the head, liek a friction rash. All day it will feel like there is a Mexican midget in my boxers licking it with a cats tongue.

could be worse TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM has a reputation beyond repute TIM TIM TIM's Avatar
    there is a drain pipe out of the handler and that is working ,i see water coming out of it outside but i reach under the handler and there is SOO much condensation there.the pan is just a pan sat below, i dont think its got a drain on it. I turned it off a while and have been running it all day today with no issues

Registered User TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough TurboKaw is a jewel in the rough
    water was coming out of mine, it was just enough of a clog to let it still back up. Can you see where the pipe comes from outside to the unit in the attic? could still be partially clogged.
    -TK

If you can Turn you are not going Fast Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo
    I'm not a loser, I'm just incarcerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treysdad
    Tell me about it. Sometimes i get this abrasion just under the head, liek a friction rash. All day it will feel like there is a Mexican midget in my boxers licking it with a cats tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by TIM TIM TIM View Post
    there is a drain pipe out of the handler and that is working ,i see water coming out of it outside but i reach under the handler and there is SOO much condensation there.the pan is just a pan sat below, i dont think its got a drain on it. I turned it off a while and have been running it all day today with no issues
    yeah it doesnt matter if ya have water coming outside. it doesnt have to be 100% blocked to back up into the handler. dump some bleach down the pipe and try to clear it out otherwise put pressure on the line to try and clear it out.

there's going to be a shit ton of condensation at the drain pan for any a/c...you're in florida we're on average at like 80%+ humidity comfortable is around 60-65 anything below that is downright uncomfortable and at low-mid 70s is actually freezing

AIM - MrSiznat

ok theere are 2 lines.. one out of the hndler and one out of the pan below... I had t cut the lines to poor bleach, thats a whole other story.. I got the one from the pan clean, it dumped a solid flow out untill the pan was dry.. we have nver seeen that one drip outside though, just the other line which hooks directly to the haandler.. today I go out again and the line from the pan is dripping alot which tells me all the bleach didnt do much for that line.. I think I need to re-route the pipe. there is next to no slope on it.. wierd its just now having aa problem though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information