+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Freedom

They are laughing at you. TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar's Avatar

Freedom

One of the main points that Ron Paul stands for is Freedom and how America is losing itís freedoms. No one on the left or the right ever challenges him on this. If no one challenges him on this then its safe to assume that he is right and that we all generally agree with him on this.

With this in mind, why would you vote for any of the other candidates? Are they offering things that are more important than freedom? Why is this not talked about? Is the idea of losing freedom something that has become acceptable to Americans? Would anyone like to offer an opinion on this?
    TNathe, Josh and DerekSYB like this.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL O

CYFG PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD User is effing awesome ! PPGMD's Avatar
    So this is today's Ron Paul thread?
    HybridSS and blacksheep-1 like this.
    Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

They are laughing at you. TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar User is effing awesome ! TrackStar's Avatar
    Very thoughtful post. I commend you for your effort.

Registered User Vintage is on a distinguished road
    Dont be so critical Track, he could have instead started another thread crying about the DoD getting its budget cut when its spending is so unaccounted for, its impossible to audit.
    Josh and XYNaPSE like this.

Registered User Vintage is on a distinguished road
    To your point about freedoms, lost or otherwise, one word: indoctrination. More than a few people never stop to think about or question government intrusion onto their individual freedoms or liberty. Candidates speak on what they feel makes them look best or what they know, with the exception of Paul, most of these candidates would prefer to skip that conversation and let the cup passeth away as it were.
    Josh and TrackStar like this.

Atari Democrat XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome !
    I don't see myself losing any freedoms. I can still go out and do whatever I want as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone's rights or harm anyone. I can peacefully protest and voice my opinion if I want. What I have problems with are things like SOPA or PIPA, Corporations are people and any laws catering to making powerful people more powerful and protecting them from prosecution when they are in the wrong.

Registered User clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear User is effing awesome ! clear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    I don't see myself losing any freedoms. I can still go out and do whatever I want as long as it doesn't infringe upon anyone's rights or harm anyone. I can peacefully protest and voice my opinion if I want. What I have problems with are things like SOPA or PIPA, Corporations are people and any laws catering to making powerful people more powerful and protecting them from prosecution when they are in the wrong.
    So you can go out and walk around with a gun? (I assume your responsible enough to do so)
    So you can drive your car and not wear a seatbelt without getting a ticket if pulled over?
    So you can go out and buy a burmses python without a permit if you were into reptiles?
    The list of freedoms that you and everyone else has lost is huge, just because your not into guns or reptiles doesnt mean its not a freedom you have lost.
    Gixxer likes this.
    XYNaPSE: I'm not liberal. lmao You jackwagon!
    clear: Then what are you? I dont know anything further away from moderate than liberal.
    XYNaPSE: I like some liberal views and some conservative views but none of the extreme. So what does that make me?
    Josh: Full of shit.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; The other is to refuse to accept what is true.
    -Soren Kierkegaard

Atari Democrat XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome ! XYNaPSE User is effing awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by clear View Post
    So you can go out and walk around with a gun? (I assume your responsible enough to do so)
    So you can drive your car and not wear a seatbelt without getting a ticket if pulled over?
    So you can go out and buy a burmses python without a permit if you were into reptiles?
    The list of freedoms that you and everyone else has lost is huge, just because your not into guns or reptiles doesnt mean its not a freedom you have lost.
    If I get a CCW permit yes I can walk around with a gun depending on which state or city I am in.
    Yes I can drive my car around. Wearing a seatbelt is a state issue and a non-issue in my opinion. I put my seatbelt on before I turn the key. I don't feel comfortable driving without a seat belt.
    Yes I can buy a Burmese Python depending on which state I am in.

What you are complaining about is state legislation. There is no federal legislation aside from Gun ownership. Regarding Federal gun laws you can own and carry a gun as long as certain conditions are met.

Don't see how my rights are being taken away. Also, some of teh things you mention are actually legitimate and debatable. Regarding Burmese Pythons Florida banned them because idiots were buying them and letting them go in the wild. Now we have lots of them where they are not an indigenous species to Florida. Thank the irresponsible people for that one.
    Last edited by XYNaPSE; 01-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Patriot act, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA... hello? Those are just the big ones. And even if those were the only ones, they are real and they are happening. The only one against this shit is Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackStar View Post
    Patriot act, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA... hello? Those are just the big ones. And even if those were the only ones, they are real and they are happening. The only one against this shit is Ron Paul.
    I haven't been negatively effected by the Patriot Act but i'm against it. I haven't been effected by the NDAA and I don't know anyone who has and I don't know any Al Qaeda or Taliban members or supporters. it doesn't infringe my rights. I mentioned already and I am against SOPA and it got shot down. So far you have produced nothing that screams to me I am getting my rights taken away. Also, Ron Paul is definitely not the only one against those issues. Perhaps the only one in the GOP Primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    I haven't been negatively effected by the Patriot Act but i'm against it. I haven't been effected by the NDAA and I don't know anyone who has and I don't know any Al Qaeda or Taliban members or supporters. it doesn't infringe my rights. I mentioned already and I am against SOPA and it got shot down. So far you have produced nothing that screams to me I am getting my rights taken away. Also, Ron Paul is definitely not the only one against those issues. Perhaps the only one in the GOP Primaries.
    He is the only one of the GOP candidates and Obama against this.

And to say those things don't effect you is like saying 9/11 didn't effect you. Bullshit. All it is doing is laying the ground for further breaches on our freedoms and liberties. It will just go further and further. Slippery slope. Patriot act was supposed to be an extreme but now they want to increase the power of the patriot act and now we have the NDAA. And for example, who are you to say your mail and phone calls haven't been listened in on? That there is another example of your loss of freedom.

He is the only one of the GOP candidates and Obama against this.

And to say those things don't effect you is like saying 9/11 didn't effect you. Bullshit. All it is doing is laying the ground for further breaches on our freedoms and liberties. It will just go further and further. Slippery slope. Patriot act was supposed to be an extreme but now they want to increase the power of the patriot act and now we have the NDAA. And for example, who are you to say your mail and phone calls haven't been listened in on? That there is another example of your loss of freedom.
    I'm afraid people have cried wolf so much that when the real thing happens nobody will believe anyone about it and they'll "greet it with thunderous applause." They may have listened in on my phone calls but they sure as hell didn't do anything. lol Like I said, I don't agree with the Patriot Act but it has been around for a long time and nobody has done anything against me or anyone I know. Haven't even heard a horror story on the news. Regardless, all the things you mentioned were initiated by Republicans. Every single one down to the NDAA provision that the President opposed.

Haven't heard anything on the news? There are examples out there of KIDS being arrested as terrorists. ie, no trial, held indefinitely, etc.
    Patriot Act:
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5049867/

NDAA:
    http://www.libertariannews.org/2011/...sm-conspiracy/

And you don't care if people listen in on your phone calls? Good for you, most of us do so it matters.

And don't turn this into a left vs right thing. Obama signed into law the NDAA and continued the patriot act. Let's try not to be a shill.

Administrator TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe User is effing awesome ! TNathe's Avatar
    he "opposed" it did he. Didn't he sign it into law.

Did you know you HAD rights protecting you against "illegal search and seizure"? How's flying for you Xyn? They don't give you too hard a time I hope.

Try walking around the same block in NYC 3 times and see if you aren't approached by an officer. There is a whole command center setup to make sure YOU DO GET questioned.

Try photographing landmarks in this country, several people have been removed from premises for doing so.

Obama Administration Reportedly Plans to Create Internet ID for All Americans

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-id-americans/

The slippery slope pushes forward... open your eyes. Don't be so dense.

Registered User blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1's Avatar
    XYN doesn't see any rights taken away because he has no problem with the government running every aspect of your life, once you deepthroat that, the rest is easy.

I don't see the Government running every aspect of my life. Normal stuff like Speed limits and things like that I don't care about.

Obama Administration Reportedly Plans to Create Internet ID for All Americans

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-id-americans/

The slippery slope pushes forward... open your eyes. Don't be so dense.
    and how exactly is this infringing on my rights? I'm all ears.

a digital ID from an Internet service provider that could be used to view your personal health information, or obtaining an ID linked to your cell phone that would let you log into IRS.gov to view payments and file taxes. The idea is to have multiple identity providers that are part of the same system.

Realllllly?

You can be tracked? Duh?

Registered User blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1 User is effing awesome ! blacksheep-1's Avatar
    and how exactly is this infringing on my rights? I'm all ears.
    Gaahh..gurgle, gack gurgle gaaah..............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information